Thanks to its unique fibres, Grodan Vital has considerably improved re-saturation, is more uniform after buffer and an improved root development in comparison with the Expert slabs. The new production technology means the slab can be re-saturated better and faster than before. The distribution of the water content and the EC is also more uniform – not only within slabs but also among the slabs.
This makes Grodan Vital the solution for growers seeking a reliable substrate that facilitates a simple watering policy that offers certainty throughout the cultivation period.
- Retains Sufficient Water – The reliable re-saturation properties of Grodan Vital ensure a wide control range for crop steering. There is no risk of the plants drying out as the slab retains sufficient moisture at all times. The improved capillary action of Grodan Vital also ensures that moisture is retained more evenly throughout the entire slab.
- Easy Irrigation – The properties of Grodan Vital enable a multifaceted irrigation strategy by allowing growers to vary the water volume within a safe range of between 55% and 78% (daytime level). If insufficient water has been supplied, the slab can be re-saturated quickly at any desired moment. Also, if too much water has been given, the slab’s properties will ensure that excess water is drained away efficiently to prevent the WC from rising too high.
- Fast, Uniform Crop Development – The vertical, fibrous structure of Grodan Vital enables roots to penetrate the slab easily – resulting in fast root development. Homogenous development in the root zone guarantees vigorous and uniform crop growth, which results in stronger, healthier plants. In addition, the extra firmness of the slab structure guarantees a stable root volume right up until the end of the cultivation cycle.
- Synchronise Plant and Climate Management – Thanks to Grodan Vital, growers can steer plant development within a narrow WC and EC bandwidth. This excellent irrigation efficiency results in a lower 24-hour drain percentage as well as a lower nutrient and energy input. These factors make it easy to synchronise various climate management strategies designed to reduce the energy input and maintain a stable substrate EC during changeable weather conditions.
- Sustainable Water and Nutrient Use – Grodan’s next generation fibres do not bind water or nutrients and do not require flushing at the start of the cultivation cycle. A targeted application of water and nutrients from the start of the cultivation cycle enables sustainable water and fertiliser use. In combination with other management strategies, this also facilitates improved crop steering and better initial setting and fruit development – resulting in resilient plants that give high production.
Grodan Vital is based on next generation technology and can be re-saturated faster and more effectively. The water content and EC are also distributed more uniformly – not only throughout the slabs, but also amongst the individual slabs. As a result, Grodan Vital offers a wide control range that helps steer your crop via a simple irrigation strategy. This makes Grodan Vital the ideal solution for growers seeking a reliable substrate that facilitates easy irrigation and leaves nothing to chance throughout the cultivation period.
- Single-season slab
- Vertical fibre structure
- Inert hydrophilic fibre (NGS) technology
- High re-saturation capacity of 66% (one day from 50%)
Grodan Vital is extremely versatile and lends itself perfectly to the cultivation of the most important vegetable crops, such as tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumbers and aubergines. Tomatoes can benefit from the uniform water distribution and good EC replacement offered by Grodan Vital. Sweet peppers will show fast growth, uniform stem development and early setting.