Tanks, Channel and Dam Lining
In terms of the composition make-up of geomembranes, this is wide and varied, and AIS Greenworks will assess and recommend on the basis of what is required for each unique situation. A common membrane however, in which we work with includes the EPDM geomembrane. This is a single-ply, synthetic rubber waterproofing membrane made of Ethylene Propylene diene Terpolymer, mixed with carbon black, oils, curing agents and processing aids. It is calendered into large sheets and vulcanised. An outstanding benefit of EPDM rubber includes how it is highly flexible and has excellent UV and weathering characteristics. Other key features and benefits of the product include:
- High Elongation: geomembranes can elongate over 300%, which enables the membrane to stretch and conform to objects in the subgrade ideal in existing tank, channel and dam lining projects
- Quick and Easy Installation: geomembranes are available in large seamless panel sizes up to 15m in width and 61m in length, resulting in fewer field seams and less installation time
- Low Maintenance: geomembranes require little or no regular maintenance after installation. The geomembrane can survive normal environmental exposure for well over 30 years
- Environmentally Friendly: geomembranes consist of an inert material with low environmental impact during production and use
Tank, Channel and Dam Lining Projects for AIS Greenworks
AIS Greenworks employ the services of Lining Solutions to install our geomembranes. Lining Solutions are an Australian Distributor for the superior Firestone EPDM Geomembrane. Firestone EPDM Geomembrane is a rubber liner offering a flexible and durable solution for agricultural, industrial and commercial applications. Appointed for dependable performance in demanding environments, it is perfectly suited to channels, landfill capping, tank lining, effluent ponds, reservoirs, lakes, lagoons and ponds.
Lining Solutions provide specification and design assistance to engineers and clients on the best way to apply EPDM, how to make the most of its excellent features and the assurance of the best possible outcome. Their role involves consultation, monitoring and analysis at all operational levels, while offering their innovative Quality Assurance Management System and overseeing the full scope of lining works to facilitate approval of the Firestone product warranty.
Lining Solutions’ key 2013-14 reference projects comprised of the highest standard of channel liner installation plus CQA of over 1,000,000 m2/over 70 km of EPDM in NSW’s Central West, and simultaneously between two installing agents, four locations, three earthmoving companies – all under strict Federal WHS systems and supervision.
- Provides technical support to best apply EPDM and take full advantage of its excellent features
- Specialised experience ensures maximum water savings on your lining project
- Professional technical support, advice and our innovative Quality Assurance Management System – backed by Firestone’s extended product warranty
- Provides Firestone training to installers, engineers, designers and specifiers
- Keeps stock of materials and accessories in regional areas