Providing You With The Means To Succeed
Cost Savings – Prevent and correct rootzone issues quickly
- Provides timely information and guidance for optimising the irrigation strategy. This allows growers to improve the yield and quality of their crops and identify potential cost savings.
- Custom alerts via the eGro app can provide valuable insight regarding dry back and WC deviations. Growers can then make corrections where necessary to maintain crop balance and prevent adverse root pressure and subsequent disease.
- Using the GroSens system enables Precision Growing, in combination with GRODAN rockwool products and advice, allows growers to achieve optimal results.
Based on your needs for higher accuracy and reliability in monitoring water content (WC), electrical conductivity (EC) and the temperature in substrates, Grodan has introduced a state-of-the-art innovation: the GroSens wireless, multi-sensor measuring system.
This wireless and flexible multi-sensor measuring system enables highly accurate and reliable 24/7 real-time monitoring of the WC, EC and temperature of the root environment.
The GroSens system – in combination with Grodan’s stone wool substrate products and advice – is the best way to achieve optimum results in production and cost savings.
Highly Accurate Water Content (WC) Measurement
The GroSens system provides highly accurate, 24/7 insight into the WC. Based on statistically reliable trials, the GroSens system measures the WC more accurately than existing water content meters (WCM).
With its highly improved WC measurement, the GroSens system is an indispensable instrument for growers who want to use professional, precision irrigation to achieve optimal yield and quality.
Accurate WC measurements in the stone wool substrate – which are supplied throughout the day and night – allow a greater control over your crops.
These measured values are immediately displayed as graphs on the climate-control computer and/or any external computer, and this provides detailed, accurate information for precision irrigation.
Whether connected to an external computer or your internal network, the GroSens system makes it possible to read the detailed values for each sensor.
Grodan GroSens MultiSensor (above)
Highly accurate 24/7 real-time insight into the WC, EC and temperature of Grodan rookwool substrate.
Highly Accurate Electrical Conductivity (EC) Measurement
The GroSens system provides highly accurate, 24/7 insight into the EC.
Based on statistically reliable trials, the GroSens system measures the EC more accurately than existing WCMs. With its highly improved EC measurement, the GroSens system takes accurate control of the EC to the next level.
For those who want precision EC management, the GroSens system will open the way for further yield optimisation and improved quality.
Accurate EC measurements in the stone wool substrate – which are supplied throughout the day and night – allow a greater control over your crops.
Product Range and Accuracy
GroSens Hand Held
- Suitable for individual measurements or multi-measurements.
- Logging function that allows recording of data over a specified time period.
- Using the GroSens download program automatically generate tables and graphs in Excel format.
- Flexible wireless sensor system for optimal functionality.
- Easy to connect to your climate computer, providing an instant and continuous display of the rootzone data along with all other logging.
- Enables detailed GroSens data to be displayed on any computer connected to the grower’s internet.
Water Content (WC)
- Range 0 to 100% V/v
- Accuracy 5% V/V
- Resolution 0.1% V/V
Electrical Conductivity (EC)
- Range 0 to 10mS/cm
- Accuracy 0.5mS/cm
- Resolution 0.01mS/cm
- Temperature (Temp)
- Range 0 to 50O C
- Accuracy 1O C
- Resolution 0.05O C
- Smart device access anywhere at anytime
- Set alerts to monitor rootzone conditions and irrigation strategy
Your Idea, Our Solutions
Because the GroSens system is modular, it can be scaled to multiple configurations.
The GroSens basic set has been designed to guarantee reliable, representative information of WC and EC figures for individual watering sections.
Depending on the size of the greenhouse – and if the grower wants to take the next step in precision irrigation – all of the components in the GroSens basic set are available separately.
This makes it possible to configure the GroSens system perfectly for each individual grower.