Cultivating a homogeneous batch of plants forms the basis for a successful crop. Climate conditions and the materials used are crucial factors in the growth process. Grodan is very aware that the substrate block is crucial in this process. Accordingly, the new Grodan Delta block is uniform throughout. It is robust and handles excellently during both manual and automatic processing. This results in even water distribution across the depth and ensures optimum control of the air/water balance and the nutrient solution (EC). In addition, with Grodan Delta, the root growth is spread throughout the entire block.
In summary, Grodan Delta is the ideal basis for the perfect growth.
- Effortless Start Up of Propagation – Grodan Delta is the perfect block for propagating young plants under a wide range of propagating conditions. The block is easy to saturate and the water is distributed uniformly throughout, so reliable and vigorous plant growth is guaranteed.
- Uniform WC and EC Distribution – Based on the Delta technology, the structure of the block and the water distribution throughout the substrate have been improved. Newly transplanted plants will benefit thanks to the readily available water and the balanced nutrient solution (EC), which encourages the roots to penetrate deeply into the blocks.
- Easy WC Management – The water content levels can be easily managed between 55% and 80%. This applies equally to low and high water content levels. If the moisture content level threatens to drop too low it can be simply restored to the desired level (for example back up to 80%). Thanks to the variations in the small and large pores, the roots are always guaranteed to have a sufficient supply of air and water.
- Excellent Root Growth Throughout the Block – The Delta technology ensures uniform distribution of water and nutrients throughout the block. Newly transplanted plants will benefit thanks to the readily available water and EC, which encourages the roots to penetrate deeply into the slabs.
- Greater Firmness for Better Handling – As mechanisation has been increasingly introduced into the propagation process over the years the blocks must be able to better withstand handling during propagation. The stable firmness of Grodan Delta becomes particularly important when the blocks are placed, spaced and picked up several times during propagation. An added advantage is greater protection for the roots during transportation from the propagator to the grower. Grodan Delta is a solid base for top production.
Grodan Delta forms the foundation for uniform and perfectly controllable propagation of plants – an absolute condition required for vigorous and healthy plant growth. Each block has an identical density, flexibility and sturdiness, which guarantees even distribution of the WC, EC and pH. The result is a uniform and high quality plant.
Grodan Delta is the best block for essential properties such as firmness and saturation. These qualities make Grodan Delta ideally suited for propagators who want to secure the success of their processes.
- Suitable for flower and vegetable propagation
- Control range: 55% to 80%
Grodan Delta is a widely used block for propagating tomatoes, sweet peppers and cucumbers worldwide. The easy water and EC distribution, handling and saturation offer propagators a reliable start to production.